Wednesday, June 6, 2012

You're A Liberal...


Sorry for not posting yesterday!!!! This week story will be about Richard…

So one day I was gone from the apartment and when I came home Naomi told me some guy name Richard came over asking for me. WHO IS RICHARD?! Later that night Richard came back and he asked for me. So I went to the door and this guy was standing there… he proceeded to tell me he was in my ward at church. I still didn’t know who he was. He then asked me to go on a date with him, we would go to dinner and then to a show on campus. I couldn’t say no, so I said yes.

So a little background on this, before I go on with the date… that day… THAT VERY DAY at devotional (at BYU-I we have devotional every Tuesday), this lady gave a talk and in her talk she told the boys to stop hanging out with girls and GO ASK THEM ON A DATE. Boys, wait at least a day or two after a talk like that! Well, I guess he listened… what a weirdo… any who onto the date.

So he came and picked me up at my house and we went to Gator Jacks … I guess that is one good thing from the date, he introduced me to the best sandwich place EVER! So during dinner he just kept asking me question after question after question after… you guessed it, question. It was like no natural conversation at all! After dinner we went to the school so we could get good seats at the concert. We got there like 45 minutes early. So we were sitting there and he asked me if I would like to color. I said, “what?” because I wasn’t sure if I heard him right… but I did! The next thing I know he pulls out folded paper and a box of crayons from his back pocket… WHO IN THE WORLD KEEPS THAT IN THEIR BACK POCKET?! So I sat there coloring for like 45 minutes… did he think I was like a four year old and I can’t sit patiently? Any way, while I colored, he said something about politics; boys, when you are on a first date, DO NOT bring up politics! lol So we started talking about politics and I said that my dad and brother are really into that stuff. I said that my brother and dad get into it sometimes because my dad is conservative but my brother is even more conservative, he then asked where I was. I said I was conservative but not crazy conservative…. He then tells me, “oh that explains why you like music so much.” I said, “What do you mean by that?” and he says, “You are a liberal because you like music and so free spirited.” WHAT THE!?!?!?!? I am anything but liberal! But I guess he thinks I am! lol

After the concert, which was good by the way, and my picture was freakn awesome that I drew before the show, he drove me home. When he was walking me to my door, he asked, “So, do you want to go on a second date sometime.” In my head I started freaking out! I can’t say no but I don’t want to go on a second date! We couldn’t even carry a conversation, does he really think the date went good?! Here is another tip boys, don't ask the girl for a second date RIGHT after the first... unless you KNOW she wants to go on a second one! So I said, “I don’t know. I have my percussion music I have to practice for the Christmas concert. So I don’t know if I will have time to.” I really had music… but this happened at the end of October pahahahahahaha poor kid! Lol

So at the end of November/beginning of December, he called me to go on another date, Janae was dying laughing because he was asking me again. But I honestly was busy and I told him I couldn’t go… so he asked “how about your roommate Janae? Is it ok if I ask her on a date?” With a sly smile on my face, I said, “Go for it!”

-love life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment