Friday, May 18, 2012

not ONE or TWO... but FOUR tickets!


So, I am sure you were all hoping I was going to share that story of being left on the mountain… BUT I am not going to share the very best for first! So you get this one… a story about how this guy gets FOUR tickets!

Janae and I in Chuck's van
It was during the summer session here at school. I was living on campus in the dorms with Kate and Janae. Since BYU-I doesn’t have a summer vacation, we have a seven week summer break, or you can take classes during the seven weeks. Lots of people are gone during the seven weeks, so there is a group on facebook for everyone that is still in Rexburg. So one Saturday night, Janae and I were board out of our minds and we wanted to hang out with people and make new friends. We didn’t know anyone since we were brand new little freshman. We decided to get on the facebook group and see what was going on, there was a bonfire! We wanted to go so bad, but we had a problem, we had no ride to get to it. We decided to be brave and write on the facebook board that we needed a ride… BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!! DO NOT EVER DO THAT!!!!!! Any way, we got a reply from Chuck; he said he would take us if we paid him five dollars each for gas. Ok, FIVE DOLLARS EACH!!!!! Heck no! Janae and I decided that we were no longer going and we were going to be stuck inside AGAIN for another weekend.  Thankfully, this nice guy name Chris wrote on the comment and told Chuck that he should not charge us and to go make money somewhere else. So Chuck decided he would take us for free! We then gave him our address and he came and got us. He was this nice guy… balding, but what guy isn’t balding at college? We walk to his car… well we thought it was going to be car… but it ends up being this GHETTO van… let me tell you about this van. The door was broken, the seat belts were messed up, but the scariest thing about it was, there was NO rear view mirror! So, everyone was meeting at this gas station right outside of the town part of Rexburg, so we could all go to the bonfire together. When we got there this other guy, Brian, joined us for a ride out to the fire. But! Chuck got a phone call from his friend wanting a ride, so we had to go back into town so we could get his friend… this is where the TRUE adventure starts. We were driving back into town, we had just crossed the train tracks when… red and blue lights start flashing behind us.  Chuck didn’t even realize he was getting pulled over till Brian said something. So we pull over and the cop comes to the door. Chuck wanted to know why he was getting pulled over. The cop proceeded to tell him it was because he was flashing his lights. (first mistake) Chuck then told him it was because he cannot not tell how fast he is going because that light doesn’t work. So he has to turn of his head lights so the light on the speed thing would work. Then the cop told him, his tags were also expired (second mistake), so the cop asked for his license and registration. Chuck then said… (third mistake) he doesn’t have a registration card and that this car is his brothers not his. The cop then asked if he had insurance on the car. Chuck will now make his forth mistake, quote, “Oh, we don’t have insurance on this car because its always breaking.” WHAT IN THE DANG WORLD!!!! The cop then told him how unsafe that is, he then walked back to his car to write up the ticket… when the cop came back to the car it was like a scene from a cartoon. You know when in a cartoon and they read a proclamation and they unroll the paper and its like a mile long… ya that was like Chuck’s ticket! I really wish I knew how much it was because he got a ticket for like everything under the moon; broken lights, expired tags, no registration, and no insurance. The cop then said you need to go park this car and not to drive it till you have everything fixed on it, and if he gets caught again driving with none of this stuff fixed, he is going to be in lots of trouble… Janae and I thought, well we didn’t get to go to the bonfire, but at least we had an adventure. We thought we were going home… thought is the key word. YUP! He continued to go get his friend then go to the bonfire… just to let you know, Janae and I got a ride home from someone else… and we now avoid Chuck at ALL costs! This was the first real adventure and crazy thing that happened at BYU-I!
   -love life

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Chuck is a balding idiot! Do you still see him at BYU-I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we do not! maybe he finally graduated since he was like 26/27. lol

    ReplyDelete