Tuesday, May 22, 2012

THREE WEEKS!?!??!?!


“Janae? Can you and Kate come pick me up?” I said as tears were streaming down my face. “Where are you?” Janae replied in a concern voice. “On a mountain…”, I replied still crying. Janae said, now kind of angry. “WHERE IS GRANT?” Now I reply still crying but in a kind of chuckle, “On a different mountain.” The next thing Janae said would make me laugh, “OH HELL! We are coming!!!!” *click* went the phone. 

Janae, Kate, and I

Here is the story I am sure you all have been waiting for. Yes—it is the story of being left on R Mountain. Now to give a little back ground on the situation, Grant R. and I met at a dance during the summer session. He was nice and cute, just got off his mission. So we started hanging out, pretty much every other day. Yes, we liked each other. We were dating, not official… but it was official; girls coming to college for the first time… DO NOT DATE FRESH OFF MISSION BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!.  (I bolded, underlined, and italicized that so I make sure you understand and got it!) Any way, it was the third week of dating and I wanted to go hike R Mountain. This is where the story starts…

It was a beautiful Friday and summer session had just ended! Janae had just came back to Rexburg after spending the past three weeks with her family in Arizona. The next day I was going to be leaving to go back to Oklahoma to see my family. Grant and I wanted to hang out before I left so we decided to go hike the mountain. Before he came and got me, one of my friends from summer session was over at my apartment hanging out with me because it would be the last time I saw him before he left for his mission. So he was still there when Grant got to the house. I could tell Grant didn’t really like I was hanging out with another guy but I really didn’t care because I like my guy friends! Any way, so Grant and I finally left to drive to the mountain, ok it’s not like a mountain mountain but everyone calls it a mountain. But when we were driving there I got a feeling that I needed to break up with him, but of course I just kind of pushed that thought aside. So we were driving there and FINALLY got there cause we couldn’t figure out how to get to the parking lot! Pahaha so we started to hike this mountain. When we first got there I made the joke about how we were going to get eaten by a bear cause it is in the middle of nowhere.
Now this was not hike like “lets follow the trail…” it was more like, “lets make our own trail and climb over huge rocks. So on the way to the top I kept having the feeling that I needed to break up with him. So by this point I KNEW I needed to but I was not going to do it on the mountain, I was going to wait till we got home. So we kept climbing and Grant could tell something was wrong so he asked me what was wrong.  And I said nothing, because like I said I wasn’t going to break up with him there. So finally we sat down and again he asked what was wrong and I said, “I need to talk to my mom.” As soon as I said that, I knew why I needed to break up with him. When I said that he flipped out and said why can’t you tell me? And I said because. Not a good answer but that’s what I said. So he stood up and walked up the hill a little bit… about two minutes later he asked, “So what does this mean?” and I said “exactly what you are thinking, we need to break up.” I know, I’m harsh, but I had to say it! Well, he then started telling me how this isn’t happening and how this has to be a dream… sorry bud, but this is real life and this is really happening. lol Well he then yelled at me… this is prob my favorite thing he yelled at me, “SO LIKE THREE WEEKS AGO, DID YOU JUST THINK YOU WERE GOING TO STAB ME IN THE HEART?! *hands in the air*  BECAUSE THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW ALYSSA *acts like he has a knife in his hand and slams it against his chest*” I then just stare at him like he is a dummy and kept walking. I told him I was going to get a ride home from Kate and Janae because I didn’t want someone angry to drive me home. But I didn’t know if that was going to be possible because one, I was on a mountain and usually phones don’t work up there and two, Kate was on one of her runs. So he told me he was going to stay up on the mountain and think for a bit. This is when the whole convo happened with Janae, I also called my mom, needless to say, my mom and ESPECIALLY my dad were pretty angry. So I started to walk down, I was wearing Vans… not hiking shoes. lol so when I started to climb down I kept falling down cause of my shoes, I also got lost and had to hike back up and try to find  a different way down, when I was climbing back up I saw Grant pass me. So now he was a head of me. When I finally got down and into the parking lot, I saw him get in his truck, back up, and then… yes, he drove off… he later said he didn’t see me… but I honestly don’t know how he didn’t see me. But any way by this point I was no longer crying but very very very very angry! Just to let you know, this mountain is about 30 minutes away, there is no way I could just “walk” back.

Janae and Kate eventually got there, just in time because the sun was almost gone… And they brought me a fairy coloring book (I had been wanting one for the whole semester), and a nurf gun so I could shoot Grant. On the way home I told them what happened and we all yelled and were mad. pahahaha Later that night I got a wonderful text from Grant that said (remember what we joked about when we first got there…) “So, did you get eaten by a bear?” REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I then burned everything that night that he had given me; two pictures and some notes. I did not want them to remind me or tempt me to go back to him.

Luckily Grant is off track for spring semester, but when fall semester comes, I will be on the look out every day. It is very awkward to see him because he talks to me like nothing ever happened… I will be nice if I do see him and I will talk to him. In Spanish, I can say ‘Hola’ and ‘Coma estas’ and that is as far as the English conversation will go with him, ‘Hello’ and ‘How are you’. I have learned my lesson. Do not go hike a mountain if you have ANY feelings of breaking up with the person you are going with (especially if you don’t have the car). 

So you probably think I am totally bitter towards this guy with spiky brown hair, big muscle arms, and a big cheesy smile that NEVER goes away... I'm not. lol Janae, Kate, and I just laugh about this ALL the time! If you ever see us yelling 'three weeks' with our arms in the air, you will now know, we are making fun of Grant’s little tantrum up on R Mountain. :)
   -love life

lovely R Mountain... this picture is taken about where campus is

P.S. If anyone was interested, Chuck from my last post. I saw on facebook the other day he is engaged! So, CONGRATS CHUCK! At least we know he paid off his tickets and didn’t end up in jail!

No comments:

Post a Comment