I have been debating on if I should share this story with
all of you ever since it happened. When it did happen I knew I would have to
post it on my blog because it is so epic… but I still get embarrassed just
talking about it! But, according to my English teacher, she said that the best way to get over something is to write
about it… and plus it’s the end of the semester so lets end on a great bang! So
here it goes… this is the story of… well you will have to just read and find
out :)
So at the beginning of the semester my best friend, aka my
roommate, went on a date with a guy name Joe. He was in our ward at church… and
little to our surprise Joe and I had a class together. After Janae went on a
date with Joe (just as friends though), the next thing I knew, I started to
like this Joe Pearce! We started to sit by each other in class and studying
together for our class. Then we went on a date and then to my surprise, a week
later… and not in my book of plans… we were boyfriend/girlfriend. Couple of
weeks later we were sitting on the couch in my apartment, we were watching the
OKC Thunder vs Miami Heat game, when he said to me, “so I am going home in a
couple weeks.” “Oh Cool!” I said, but secretly thinking, *please invite me
please invite me!* Then he said, “want to come with?” “YA!” I said. Little did
I know this would bring my MOST embarrassing moment of my life!
We left to go to his home on a Friday after I got out of
class; we started the six hour drive to New Plymouth, Idaho! We got there and
everything was just dandy! We watched a movie with his brother and sister that
night and then went to bed. Well that night before bed I noticed the toilet was
acting a little weird… but I didn’t think anything of it. Some toilets just
flush slowly so what ever! The next morning we rode horses and went four
wheelin’ with the family. Again, the toilet was acting weird, but eh, just
pushed it to the back of my mind! Then that night we stayed up late again
playing games with his brother and sister. The next morning was Sunday… I woke
up and went to the bathroom. Ok, so it wasn’t just a tinkle… it was kinda…
sorta… a number 2. (I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM WRITING THIS!) Well, I should not
have pushed the whole “the toilet isn’t flushing real good” in the back of my
mind… cause now the toilet is not flushing! It actually almost over flowed all
over the floor! I started to freak out! So I decided I was just going to take a
shower and maybe it will be better when I get out and it will flush! So I took
a shower and then when I got out I crossed my fingers and pushed the toilet
handle… nope. Nothing. Nada. It did not work. Now I started to panic and die of
laughter! I did not want to tell Joe and his family that I freakn clogged the
toilet! I mean, first off this only happens in movies… well not any more it
happened to me! Secondly, I do not want my boyfriend, who I like very much, to
see my poop! So I called my mom… no answer. I texted my mom five times… no
reply. I texted TWO of my roommates 50 billion times… no reply. Called both of
my roommates… no answer. I finally texted a different roommate, Larissa, she
texted me back. THANK GOODNESS! She laughed at me and told me I should probably
tell him. I don’t know what I was expecting my friends or my mom to tell me… I
just had to tell them. I got all ready for church, toilet still disgusting! And
not smelling that great…. And it was time to leave for church. I could not tell
Joe.
Of course driving to church is when my roommates texted me
back and my mom calls me… ummm can’t talk to them now since I am in the car
with his family and Joe is sitting next to me! We get to church and the only
thing going through my head is, how am I going to fix this toilet! My mom
texted me saying “PLUNGE IT! Do you know how to do that?” PSH! Ya, who doesn’t
know how to plunge a toilet……… hmmmm ya. Wish I could take that statement back,
keep reading to know why!
After the first hour of church, Joe and I were walking to
Sunday school when I decided I would tell him. “Hey Joe, I have to tell you
something… don’t be mad.” I said this whispering. With a questioning look on
his face he said, “what…?” me dying of laughter I say, “this is my most
embarrassing moment! But the guest bathroom I have been using… the toilet is
clogged!” Joe starts to die laughing, I start to die laughing… oh great! He
tells me he would fix it when we got home, but I told him I would try to plunge
it first when we got home. When we got home I went straight up to that
bathroom, took the plunger and plunged the toilet (little did I know you have
to flush the toilet while you plunge… who knew?!). And then I flushed it!!!!!!
AND!!!!!!! Nothing. It almost over flowed again! CRAP DANG IT! So I texted Joe
to come to the bathroom and fix it, I could not fix it! I was so embarrassed! But,
he never came. So I texted him three more time… did not come. I started to get
confused of why he wasn’t coming to fix it… I didn’t want to walk out of my
room and say to the whole family, “HEY JOE CAN YOU COME FIX MY DISGUSTING TOILET!”
or say “joe can you come to my room real quick.” I couldn’t say the first one
because that would be embarrassing cause the whole family would know what I
did… and I couldn’t say the second one cause that just sounds like im being all
seductive like! So I walked out of my room he is standing there with his
brother and I say “did you get my text?” and he said, “no…” and I go ok. I walk
back into my room and he knew what I meant. I sat on my bed bright red from
embarrassment and dying of laughter, he walked into the bathroom, took the
plunger and FLUSHED the toilet and then plunged it while it was flushing and BAM! It was
fixed. That fast! One try!
Never in my life I thought the first time I would go home
with my boyfriend and clog the toilet at his house! I never in my life thought
I would have to have my boyfriend unclog a toilet… that I CLOGGED! I still get
pretty embarrassed about this. You would think it would be one of those topics
that would never be talked about between Joe and I… well we talk about it and he
just makes fun of me. lol oh the things that happen to me.
| :) |
-love life
p.s. EVERYONE should learn how to plunge a toilet! It is an
important life skill!
So this made my entire week(: I was horrified for you and trying not to pass out from laughing. You're so adorable!
ReplyDeletepahahaha im glad you liked it :)
ReplyDeleteI can just imagine how bright red your face was! Oh my gosh this is awesome! I can hear the panic as i am reading it! PS if it starts to overflow, quickly turn off the water by twisting the valve under the toilet, then plunge!
ReplyDelete